Folk Alliance Region – West (FAR-West) Virtual Membership Meeting and Livestream Concert “We Belong Together!” Reminder & Information!
Folk Alliance Region – West (FAR-West) is proud to announce our first-ever virtual gathering “We Belong Together!” on Thursday, October 8, 2020 on Zoom and YouTube for a one-day event in two parts.
We start at 11:30 am PDT with our Annual General Membership Meeting, where we will briefly discuss Board business and give our membership a chance to ask questions and make comments.
Zoom Meeting Link: www.zoom.us or on the Zoom app • Meeting ID: 927 0725 3654 / Passcode: 945043
Tidbits/information that you may need to know regarding Zoom:
IF YOU HAVE A ZOOM ACCOUNT (please note there is a free option):
- If you have not updated your Zoom app in awhile, please update before the meeting. Go to Zoom.us to update software, as a new version came out this past week.
- At the zoom.us website, the menu at the top right of the screen, go to “Preferences”, Click “Audio”, Click “Advanced”, Click “Show in meeting option to enable Original Sound”, Close the Preference Window.
IN THE ZOOM MEETING ON OCT. 8TH:
- Once you’ve joined the meeting, in the main zoom viewer screen, top left corner, click “Turn on Original Sound” Zoom for best optimal sound
- Once the meeting starts, please mute yourself and turn off your video.
- Choose “Gallery View”, (top right-hand corner), so, the speakers will be spotlighted for you to see. Once they are spotlighted, you will see smaller squares either on top of your screen or to the right.
- Chat is there for you to ask questions and comments. Please note that you can choose who specially to chat to, by sending a “Privately” chat to a specific person. The chat defaults to “Everyone”, where everyone will see it. Please note that the chat will be archived, which private chats will be seen then.
- During the Question & Answer portions towards the end of the program, we will use “Raise Hands” options. How to use “Raise Hands”, click on “Participants” at the bottom center of you screen. At the bottom of the window on the right side of the screen, click the button label “Raise Hand”… lower it by clicking the same button, now labeled “Lower Hand”. Once you are called upon, unmute yourself. The old fashion physical hand raising is also acceptable.
At 12:45 pm PDT the REAL fun begins, with our two-hour FAR-West Livestream Concert Revue streaming on the FAR-West YouTube channel, featuring live performances by well-known acts from the West and beyond, as well as hot up-and-coming young artists.
YouTube Concert Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/farwestconference
- Go to the YouTube link above and ring the bell (“Reminder”), to be notified when we go live.
- While you are there, hit “Subscribe” to our Channel. Subscribing to our channel will keep you in the know as to when our new programs will be available. We have educational workshops and panels, as well as livestream concerts planned for the future.
The entire event is FREE and open to the general public. Please join us under our virtual tents for this extra-special gathering. It just won’t be as much fun without YOU!
Folk Alliance Region – West (FAR-West) is the western regional chapter of Folk Alliance International, fostering and promoting traditional, contemporary and multicultural folk music, dance, storytelling and related performing arts in the Western United States and Canada.
Folk Alliance Region – West (FAR-West) • www.far-west.org • Contact: Julie Zipperer • email@example.com